The Virtual Observatory is an international astronomical community-based initiative. It aims to allow global electronic access to the available astronomical data archives of space and ground-based observatories and other sky survey databases. EURO-VO aims at deploying an operational VO in Europe. It supports the utilization of VO tools and services by the scientific community, technology take-up and VO compliant resource provision, and building of the technical infrastructure.
The left menu provides links to information relevant to Scientists, Data Centres, Software Developers and Educators.
- Workshop on Virtual Observatory Tools and their Applications, Krakow, Poland June 16-18, organized by HECOLS (Polish-French collaboration in astrophysics) and supported by Euro-VO CoSADIE
- May 2014 IVOA Newsletter now available
- Euro-VO coordinator Françoise Genova was invited to present the Astronomical Virtual Observatory at the Copernicus (European Earth Observation Programme) Big Data Workshop, Brussels, March 13-14
- Euro-VO CoSADIE project held its third Technology Forum in Trieste, March 11-13, 2014 - Presentations available
- Euro-VO Presented at EUDAT: Garching, Germany, Feb 4, 2014