The Virtual Observatory is an international astronomical community-based initiative. It aims to allow global electronic access to the available astronomical data archives of space and ground-based observatories and other sky survey databases. EURO-VO aims at deploying an operational VO in Europe. It supports the utilization of VO tools and services by the scientific community, technology take-up and VO compliant resource provision, and building of the technical infrastructure.
The left menu provides links to information relevant to Scientists, Data Centres, Software Developers and Educators.
- The ESCAPE project has been announced, find more details here.
- Registration is now open for the ASTERICS meeting "The new era of multi-messenger Astrophysics"
- The ASTERICS project is currently running as a Horizon 2020 project to address the challenges of astronomy 'big data' in Europe.
- The Fourth Asterics VO School has taken place from 20th to 22nd of November 2018 in Strasbourg, France. Find the tutorials in the Scientific Tutorials section.
- The August 2018 IVOA Newsletter now available.